Archive for the ‘Blunt’ Tag
Wrote both my senators about Chuck Hagel’s nomination to be SecDef:
Please reject Sen Hagel’s nomination for Secretary of Defense. The Advice and Consent clause of the Constitution is to ensure that the senior managers of the federal government serve the People of the United States. Obama is not a king. He does not get to surround himself with a royal court loyal only to him. Hagel’s nomination is Obama’s insult to the military. His nomination [appointment*] would just be salt in their wounds.
* crap. I have to write my notes to my senators here first so I can proofread them.
Sent e-mails to Missouri’s Senators (McCaskill[D] and Blunt[R]) through the Senate contact page. I said (paraphrasing since I always forget that I can’t save the message after it’s sent):
1) NO on any new gun control.
2) Any registration is a precursor to confiscation. We know it. Recent statements by Democrat pols let that cat out of the bag.
3) Registration lists will be used to harass innocent Americans for the crime of disagreeing with the Democrats on gun rights.
4) Registration would be performed by the agencies that gave us Fast and Furious (BATF and DoJ) that measure political success in body count and have yet to be made accountable for the people they’ve killed.
5) The “We need to compromise on ‘reasonable’ gun regulations.” line is a red herring. We have already compromised on ‘reasonable gun regulations’. The response to any proposed gun regulation, especially under the cloud of hate projected by people who should know better, is “No.”
McCaskill of course got a renewal of her political life thanks to Todd “Dick” Akin (and no, his middle name’s not Richard) and I’m not sure if she is going to pretend to serve her Missouri constituency or go in currying the favor of her masters in the Fascist wing of the Democratic Party. Roy Blunt? I don’t know what he does.