Archive for the ‘gun control’ Tag
My reply to Sen. McCaskill’s reply to my comment:
Thank you for replying to my previous note.
1. The issue is not gun violence or gun safety. The issue is all violence and all safety. Nobody’s last thought when they are being strangled by an unarmed assailant is, “At least I wasn’t shot.” More people are killed by unarmed assault in the US than by guns. Yet the record of countries (Australia, UK) and cities (Chicago, Washington, DC) show that restricting gun rights increases overall violence, including ironically, gun violence. How many people were shot in Chicago today? Obviously banning guns isn’t the answer, which makes one suspect that gun violence is not the problem.
2. We do not need to find middle ground. If the middle ground is always between where we are and where the Confiscators want to take us, then the road will lead inexorably to the Confiscators’ victory. This is unacceptable. If current laws are inadequate, maybe it is because they are completely misguided and wrong to begin with. The issue is not the legal ownership of firearms. It is the presence of the twisted and deranged who desire to do evil to others. Try outlawing them.
3. The proof of the lie in Sen Feinstein’s gun bill is that it exempts the political class from its restrictions. If gun ownership is bad it is bad for all. Disarm the Capital Police and Secret Service and put “No Gun Zone” signs outside the Capital and White House. If politicians can protect themselves with machine guns and the citizenry cannot, then the issue is not about safety. It is about power.
Please reject Sen. Feinstein’s gun ban legislation. It is a dishonest attempt by the Confiscators to eliminate the 2nd Amendment one little step at a time.
Sent through the Senate web site:
Please reject Sen Feinstein’s proposed Gun Bill. There is no part of it that would make the country safer. There is nothing in it that will keep a crazy person from just finding another weapon and commit evil anyway. The issue is not “Gun Violence”. It is “All Violence” and countries that ban guns see huge increases in all violence, including ironically enough, gun crimes. The United States should not go follow the failed policies of other countries.
Many people have heard of Lincoln’s ‘House Divided’ speech. Most people don’t know where he was going with it. The common understanding was predicting the division of the country. Actually he specifically stated that, “…a house divided cannot long stand…” did not mean that the house would fall. What he predicted was that that the house would have to resolve its difference and become either all free or all slave. In 1865 it looked like the decision was made to make the country all free. But the slave masters were allowed to persist. Reconstruction. Jim Crow. Lynchings. Segregation. The works…were all attempts of the slave masters to subdue the former slaves again. Slowly, progress was made against the slave masters.
But in the early 20th Century, the wanna be slave masters found a new tool. “Progressivism”. For 100 years the “Progressives” have worked to impose their will on the country. “Progressivism” has been described as, day one, the “Progressive” makes up their mind. Day two, they make up your mind.
Looks like once again we are faced with a house divided between free and slave. The slave masters are moving to make the country whole again, but this time all slave. The issue is gun control and the “Progressive’s” move to disarm all of the country, except of course, themselves.
Why, you ask, does disarming the population imply that the slave masters are trying to make slaves of the American people. It’s simple. Free people are free to defend themselves and have the right to bear arms to affect that right. Slaves are never allowed to arm or protect themselves. Is the secret service going to give up guns when they protect the President? Are Bloomberg’s armed guards going to give up the weapons for the cause? It’s ever so interesting that the people who are the most vociferous about banning guns for the rest of us have no intention of disarming their own protectors. It’s obvious who they think the masters will be.
Sent e-mails to Missouri’s Senators (McCaskill[D] and Blunt[R]) through the Senate contact page. I said (paraphrasing since I always forget that I can’t save the message after it’s sent):
1) NO on any new gun control.
2) Any registration is a precursor to confiscation. We know it. Recent statements by Democrat pols let that cat out of the bag.
3) Registration lists will be used to harass innocent Americans for the crime of disagreeing with the Democrats on gun rights.
4) Registration would be performed by the agencies that gave us Fast and Furious (BATF and DoJ) that measure political success in body count and have yet to be made accountable for the people they’ve killed.
5) The “We need to compromise on ‘reasonable’ gun regulations.” line is a red herring. We have already compromised on ‘reasonable gun regulations’. The response to any proposed gun regulation, especially under the cloud of hate projected by people who should know better, is “No.”
McCaskill of course got a renewal of her political life thanks to Todd “Dick” Akin (and no, his middle name’s not Richard) and I’m not sure if she is going to pretend to serve her Missouri constituency or go in currying the favor of her masters in the Fascist wing of the Democratic Party. Roy Blunt? I don’t know what he does.
The purpose of gun control is not the control of guns. It is control of people. The political overlords who screech the loudest about banning guns surround themselves with guns in their employ. They have no intention of surrendering them. It’s the slaves who will be disarmed.
Iraq under Saddam Hussein was often called the Republic of Fear. Everyone was taught to understand in no uncertain terms; survival = obedience. Obedience did not = survival. Under Saddam, people learned that even the most obedient servant could get picked up in a purge, caught in the crossfire, or simply targeted for the Husseins’ amusement. And willingness to obey was not sufficient. Saddam’s Republic of Fear had no forgiveness for mistakes. Stepping out of line, even by accident could leave you deposited in pieces in small cardboard boxes at your family’s front door. Fear was the motivator, the educator, the guiding light through a life.
For the last few years, the leftists/anti-Bush/democrats accused the right/Bush/republicans of fomenting fear as a way to garner votes. Mostly fear from attack by outside forces. “Terrorism” in leftist circles was simply fear-mongering, a way to say “boo!” to children and scare them back into the corner of the ‘pro-defense’ party.
But lets look at the real Republic of Fear in the United States. Let’s look at the left’s fear-mongering.
For decades, the left has pounded out the message that if they are not listened to and obeyed, THE WORLD WILL END! No mere attack that will kill people and seriously disrupt our national economy. We will ALL die. Not a threat to our way of life (which by the way they wouldn’t see as a bad thing.) It will be the End Of Days. Only by enslaving ourselves to their enlightened vision can we be preserved, if you ignore the fact that much of their vision is the elimination of most or all of the human race depending on which flavor of environut is speaking at the moment. Most of the environazi movement, Anthropogenic Global Warming in general, algore in particular, justify their solutions and demands for blind obedience by claiming that humanity will end if they are ignored. No fear-mongering there. No siree bob.
From there, we can go though the whole litany of liberal fears. Outsourcing will cost you your job, even though the unemployment was the lowest in my experience. Your children will go without. You won’t get a flat screen TV. “FEAR!!! FEAR EVERYTHING!!!! Only we can save you. Give yourself to us. We are the ones you have been waiting for!” Throw in the class hatred fears. “We punish success to spread the wealth or we fear somebody might get rich.”
The Left wants people to fear far more than the right does. The Right doesn’t want people to quake in fear. The conservative position it to stand resolutely against the darkness, a la Battle of Britain. That’s what the gun thing is all about. The Left thrives on people quaking in fear like the armies of Mordor. That’s the reason for the anti-gun thing. The only reason any society is disarmed is not to make it safe, but to make it docile…and weak…and helpless…and helplessness leads to fear, the Ambrosia of the Left.