Archive for the ‘gun registration’ Tag
Sent e-mails to Missouri’s Senators (McCaskill[D] and Blunt[R]) through the Senate contact page. I said (paraphrasing since I always forget that I can’t save the message after it’s sent):
1) NO on any new gun control.
2) Any registration is a precursor to confiscation. We know it. Recent statements by Democrat pols let that cat out of the bag.
3) Registration lists will be used to harass innocent Americans for the crime of disagreeing with the Democrats on gun rights.
4) Registration would be performed by the agencies that gave us Fast and Furious (BATF and DoJ) that measure political success in body count and have yet to be made accountable for the people they’ve killed.
5) The “We need to compromise on ‘reasonable’ gun regulations.” line is a red herring. We have already compromised on ‘reasonable gun regulations’. The response to any proposed gun regulation, especially under the cloud of hate projected by people who should know better, is “No.”
McCaskill of course got a renewal of her political life thanks to Todd “Dick” Akin (and no, his middle name’s not Richard) and I’m not sure if she is going to pretend to serve her Missouri constituency or go in currying the favor of her masters in the Fascist wing of the Democratic Party. Roy Blunt? I don’t know what he does.