Archive for August, 2012|Monthly archive page
Although I don’t remember if I said it here…
The only way to watch anything political is on C-SPAN. I watched the Republican Convention. No commercials. No Libtard Democratic Propogandist Pundits. No conservative pundits. I get to watch what people say and make my own mind up. What a novel concept.
Stuck this comment on an Ann Althouse post down at 9:08 PM. It’s my response to people posting that the American Revolution was “anti-colonial”.
The American Revolutionaries were not “anti-colonial”. They were anti-monarchists. The Revolution started as a tax rebellion before it became an independence movement. But the Declaration of Independence was addressed directly at King George III.
What the Founders sought, the basis of classical liberalism, libertarianism, Tea Partyism, etc is the aversion to the concentration of power. The way to avoid concentrations of power is to delegate it to the smallest groups, namely individuals. The system of Checks and Balances, the Advice and Consent clause, the separate branches were all created to prevent the concentration of power and especially the re-establishment of a monarchy. Without constitutional restraint, it becomes possible for 51% of the population to vote the other 49% into slavery.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the goal of the so-called “Progressives”. The concentration of all power in the hands of a government run by “Progressives” that through the dictatorship of the proletariat, unrestrained by quaint concepts of constitutional constraints, enslave opposing minorities to their will. And Obama, the Most Arrogant Man In the World plans on being their King.
The Democrats are going to make their convention a monument to infanticide. Wow. How sick is that. Are they going to hang dead fetuses from the ceiling instead of balloons. What a noble cause for a them to promote. How exactly did “women’s rights” devolve into abortion, only abortion and nothing but abortion? This aught to be fun to watch.
But he’s our idiot. <grumble-grumble>
During the primary, McCaskill polled behind a potted plant. Now Akin has to prove he’s at least as valuable as a potted plant (some question there). He’s supposed to be buying air time so he can give his, “I’m not a witch.” speech*. With everyone expecting that, what I would recommend he do (besides hitting himself in the head with a hammer) is go on the offensive with McCaskill’s record of betraying her constituents to curry favor with her political overlords in her party. He won’t because he’s an idiot. But that’s what he should do.
* Christine O’donnell reference.
…he would be Vice President.
Yeah. You with the hair plugs.
The offense with the “chains” metaphor isn’t that it’s got all those dog whistle racial under/over tones. I don’t care what kind of racist hate monger you are. You’re a Democrat. It goes with the territory.
No. It’s that a member of the Party of Slavery would utter it about someone from the Emancipation Party. It’s someone who has spent his life to turn free citizens into subservient vassals of their Master, the Government. The Democratic Party and the Federal Empire it has created is every bit as offensive to the concept of a free people as anything King George III did. “Put ya’ll back in chains…”? Yeah, you’d be an expert on that.
Yeah, I know I said not to pick Ryan. And I still think we’ll miss him in the House come next session. But now it’s starting to look more an more like I’ll be voting for Ryan and that other guy he’s running with.
Does anybody know the calorie count of deep fried crow?
In ’08, I saw the Draft Sarah website almost a year before the election. I was thinking, “No way. There’s no way a dried up old RINO like McCain would pick anyone but a Boring White Guy.” Surprise.
And for all the brainwashed libtards going, “But she cost him the election!” Allow me to reply, “In what world?” He was only ahead in the polls after he picked her and before he decided to TARP his chances away. Sarah was the only reason he got any electoral votes at all. I did not vote for McCain. I voted for Sarah.
So now that we’ve got that out of the way…here’s my case for Romney picking Petraeus.
- He’s one of the best and brightest to come out of the Pentagon, the top tier of a hierarchy of overachievers. Has a PhD. Romney makes the case that a real manager provides for an orderly succession with a competent replacement. Obama on the other hand picked Slow Joe Biden as a poison pill against impeachment. David Petraeus vs. Slow Joe Biden? David Petraeus vs Barack “Affirmative Action” Obama? Barry thinks he’s an academic?
- He’s the head of the CIA. Leave him there. It’s simple There is no law that says a VP candidate has to give up his day job. Heck, if I was Romney, I’d leave Petraeus at CIA after the swearing in. VPs have no power or position except to regularly check the President’s pulse. As CIA director, Petraeus would be an active part of the administration in the event he had to move up to the Big Chair. And he’d be the first VP with a paying day job!
- He doesn’t want the job. He’s not political. He doesn’t want to campaign. Don’t make him. All he has to do is show up for the big events like the convention and the debates. But otherwise, the only thing Romney would need from him is to be able to say, “He’s my VP.”
- There is no law that says he has to resign as head of CIA. That means he’s right in the middle of the Obama regime, serving the people of the United States. And living in the heads of the Dems while charging them for the privilege.
Dare I say, “Game Changer”?
Voted for Sarah Steelman for the Republican senate candidate in the Missouri primary election. I’ve actually had good interaction with Akin before even though I’m not in his house district. But I wanted to help Sarah Palin keep her streak alive on endorsements (she’s 4-1 now). It doesn’t matter though. I would vote for a post in the ground to get you out of the Senate because a post wouldn’t have voted for over 2,000 pages of the worst legislation ever writen, sight unseen. I can understand that you wanted to suck up to your Democratic Party overlords when they commanded you to betray your constituents. I just don’t have to like it…or forgive it.
Anything but Claire, 2012.
Sikhs carry knives as part of their religion. They are not pacifists. That’s why the British used them when they needed local soldiers in India…and everywhere else around the Empire, too. It was recently pointed out that guns are the last line of defense against tyranny. They’re also the last line of defense against crazy, and sometimes the last line of defense against barbarism. Yes, it’s true. Sometimes you have to defend civilization with force of arms.
Somebody needs to start a religion that requires its adherents to bear arms (that would be firearms) like the Sikhs carry knives. Because it is the duty of civilized free people to protect the innocent from tyranny, crazies and barbarism and you can’t do that with a blade.